Eye — I mean I — am shocked that there are no posts I’ve written, since I first eyed writing a daily blog, with the word “Eye” in the title.
I shall now eye how many posts I’ve written with the word “I” in the title. Would U like to guess how many posts THAT might be?
I love guessing games, as you may have noticed, if you’ve eyed many of my 675 posts.
I just changed my mind, which I’ve heard is a “women’s prerogative.” I think everybody should have the choice to change her or his mind, don’t you?
How have I changed my mind? Rather than have you guess how many times I’ve used the word “I” in a blog post title, here they all R (in reverse chronological order):
- Day 613: I don’t know what I look like
- Day 603: What I missed
- Day 591: And When I Die
- Day 578: I don’t care
- Day 574: I don’t know why
- Day 573: Why? Because I thought it was _____.
- Day 568: How am I supposed to feel?
- Day 540: I Spy
- Day 449: Variations on “I Don’t Want to Go”
- Day 430: What I learned at the group therapy conference
- Day 424: Things I learned from groups this week
- Day 407: Two Images (before I leave for Panama)
- Day 399: What I wanted for my birthday
- Day 382: Why I was judgmental about yesterday’s blog post
- Day 373: Guilt (and a metaphor I made up!)
- Day 352: Snow (It’s safer than I feared)
- Day 330: What I am doing differently
- Day 303: What I know/What I don’t know
- Day 299: Why haven’t I published anything (outside of here)?
- Day 225: Reasons why I should move to Edinburgh, Scotland
- Day 224: Reasons why I shouldn’t spend too much time in our hotel room blogging this morning
- Day 223: Reasons why I should move to London, Part 3
- Day 221: Reasons why I should move to London, Part 2
- Day 220: Reasons why I should move to London, Part 1
- Day 199: I dared to tweet some tweets
- Day 171: I Look
- Day 153: Do I Dare to Tweet a Tweet?
- Day 148: Dreams I Have Known
- Day 141: I am singing differently this year
- Day 132: What I learned on my spring vacation.
- Day 131: How I spent my spring vacation
- Day 128: I get by with a little help from my friends
- Day 124: Why I love the show “Dinner for Five”
- Day 121: Why I relate to the Boston Carjacking “victim”
- Day 119: I woke up differently, this morning
- Day 116: I just rewrote yesterday’s blog
- Day 114: Questions in my brain, as I woke up this morning
- Day 113: I am solving problems in my my sleep!
- Day 110: Arrrghh! I might still be in this guy’s movie!
- Day 107: Has the external world changed? I haven’t.
- Day 104: Things I know about groups
- Day 100: I confess
- Day 90: How I got back to sleep last night (featuring selling and sound effects)
- Day 55: There is NOTHING I have to do today (AND antidotes)
- Day 38: Reasons why I should move to Charleston, SC
- Day 27: This blog is good enough AND I can make it better.
- Day 17: I think I wake up most mornings feeling uneasy
- Day 10: I’ve learned to leave the house before I feel ready
- Day 5: What I SHOULD (and SHOULDN’T) be doing
Am I the only one who thinks it would have been cooler if there were EXACTLY 50 posts there? Maybe WordPress’s search function missed something. I don’t have time to check that now, though.
What else do I want to say about that list, right now?
- That’s a big list.
- When I think about it, though, only a small-ish percentage (49 divided by 675 = 7.26%) of the number of posts I’ve written have had the word “I” in the title.
- Maybe that’s proof that I am not a narcissist, after all.
I also notice that:
- I wrote more posts using the word “I” in the title during the first part of my blogging journey.
- I wrote several posts, in a row, with the word “I” in the title, during the Boston Marathon bombing and its aftermath.
Does that mean I use the word “I” more when I’m new and/or anxious? I’ll let future generations — who may study my every word — decide that.
Anyway, Y did I choose the word “Eye” for today’s title?
Was it just an excuse to post one of my favorite songs, from many years ago?
Was it just an excuse to introduce you to Elizabeth, my I.V. nurse — whom I eyed (that is, met) for the first time yesterday? (For reasons why I need an I.V. before I go to the dentist, I suggest you eye this post.)
In that second photo, how do Elizabeth’s eyes (and the rest of her facial expression) look, to you? What do you think she was saying?
Elizabeth (who, like me, lives in all-male household) is demonstrating, in that photo, the look guys get on their face when they say things like:
- I can’t find the milk.
- Do you know where I put my belt?
I guess Elizabeth and I are both sexist.
What else did I eye yesterday?
That’s my dentist, Dr. Del Castillo. He’s told me that he reads this blog every day, so
Hi, Dr. Del Castillo!
As you can C, Dr. Del Castillo is growing a beard, and his wonderful dental hygienist, Michel (not pictured) is taking a poll of the patients in his practice, even as I am writing this post, to see what they think.
I’m sorry, but i don’t have the results of that poll, right now.
I did ask Dr. Del Castillo’s beautiful wife, Dr. Gonzalez Del Castillo (also not pictured) — who co-owns the practice and is a periodontist (not an oral surgeon, as I originally wrote) — what she thought of her husband’s beard.
You should have seen the look in her eyes, about that.
I didn’t capture THAT displeased expression, but I did take these other pictures yesterday:
When Elizabeth — my I.V. nurse — and I were talking about guys losing track of things, I showed her that last photo, which I had taken earlier in the morning on my walk to work, as proof of …
What? I don’t even want to think about it, right now. I mean, that’s just _____! (Feel free to fill in any word you like, in the comments or elsewhere.)
Before I end this post, I’d like to add a few more things I spied, with my little eye, yesterday.
I predicted, last night in Whole Foods Market, that my bf Michael and I would eye those EXACT cupcakes.
Thanks to Elizabeth, to everybody at Dr. Del Castillo’s dental practice, to U (for reading), to I (or more grammatically, me) (for writing), to Loggins & Messina, and to everybody else who helped me write this post, today.