The title of this post was inspired by this comment, yesterday, by Sitting on My Own Sofa:
The tree must be down by now. It’s probably left a hole in the sky. How are you feeling about that?
I am not sure how I am feeling, but this is what I am seeing out back, where the tree used to be:
When I am not sure how I am feeling, it sometimes helps to free-associate. Here are some of my thoughts — without self-editing, judgment, or other barriers to flow –about the word “holes”:
- When I was born, the doctors speculated I had a hole in my heart that had closed, leaving not a trace of the heart’s natural pacemaker.
- There are no other posts I’ve written, so far, with the word “hole” in the title.
- When I searched my old posts for word “hole,” it showed me Day 361: That whole bad day/good day thing, again, which implies that WordPress, like me, enjoys playing with words.
- I think I’ve heard the word “hole” used, derogatively, about women.
- “Holes” is a book people seem to like, which I haven’t read:
(Image found here)
… which was made into a movie
(image found here)y
… which, according to Rotten Tomatoes, 77% of people surveyed like, and which I also have not seen.
- There are holes, in this post today, regarding formatting and many missed opportunities to re-use the word “holes.”
- Swiss cheese has lots of holes in it. I wonder why?
(image found here)
- Strangely enough, my Google Image search for “holes” did not return a photo of swiss cheese. However, there was a whole category for “Fear [of Holes]” which included this image:
(image found here)
- Now I’m wondering if I should be afraid of lotus flowers.
I’m realizing I need to wrap up this post, holes and all, because there are no holes in my schedule at work this morning. AND, I don’t have my usual room for my therapy group at 10 AM, so I there’s some extra work for me to do.
As far as I’m concerned, are there any holes in this post I need to fix, right now?
Well, I did want to show you these images, of two more treasures I found in my recently retrieved box of memories:
I’m afraid I’m going to leave holes where explanations should be, in this post, rather than be late for work.
However, I want to show you JUST ONE MORE image:
That’s the plate my son just left behind, when he left for school. What’s missing from there? One thing: Avocado slices.
How about some music? I’d like to fill a hole about that, right now. Some Beatles music, for the first time in this blog. Let’s see if I can.
(YouTube video found here)