Yesterday, I wrote a post about the death of a woman I work with. Why? Because I thought it was appropriate, the right thing to do, and healing.
Actually, I could probably use the same answers to the Why? about any post I’ve written here.
I didn’t get a lot of sleep Friday night, so my mind was working strangely, yesterday, when I went for my Saturday morning walk.
I took lots of photos on yesterday’s walk. Why? Because I thought it was appropriate, the right thing to do, healing, and fun.
Now, I have a quiz for you, this morning.
Why do I have a quiz for you? What do you think?
Here’s the first part of the quiz:
Immediately after I took one of the following thirty-two pictures, somebody asked me, “Why did you take that photo?”
Which photo do you think that was?
Wow! I sure took a lot of photos, yesterday. And yet, only once did somebody ask, “Why did you take that photo?”
So …. do you have any guesses about which photo that was?
Okay! Here’s the second part of the quiz. In response to that question yesterday, I said, “Because I think it’s _____.”
Granted, that was a very short reply, from me. I hope that didn’t seem rude, to the person who asked. What she didn’t know was this: I was in a rush, to meet my son at the end of his piano lesson.
I’m leaving the last word in my reply blank, so you can guess that, too.
Any questions? Any answers?
Before I end this post, I want to tell you these things:
- I am curious about any responses you want to share.
- I’m wondering if anybody is going to guess, correctly, what happened to me, yesterday.
- That would be difficult to do.
- Your answers are as good as mine, at this point (I believe).
- This song came on, while I was walking and taking photos, yesterday.
(found on YouTube here)
- “Hearing “Michael from Mountains” reminded me I had committed (in this post) to rewrite the words to “Michael from Boston.”
- I rewrote the words when I got home, tried to find the guitar part online, and found this, instead.
(found on YouTube here)
Why did I rewrite the words to that song and look for the guitar part online?
Because I thought those were the next steps towards a personal goal: To record myself singing “Michael from Boston.”
Don’t you think you have enough questions to answer, at this point?
Thanks to all my readers, to the person who asked me that question yesterday, to Joni Mitchell, to my boyfriend Michael, to laotsu77 (for posting such a great instrumental back-up for the song and making my life much easier), and — of course! — to you. Why? Because I thought it was wonderful for you to stop by, today.