To go back to the format of yesterday’s post, “Wake Up” is
- A simple, straight-forward title I haven’t used before in any of my previous five hundred and fifty-nine posts (although it’s appeared within titles here, here, here, and here).
- A line from another favorite movie of mine, All of Me.
- Something I don’t like to do to other people, including my son and my boyfriend (even when they tell me to).
- Something I usually do myself, at least once during the night.
- What I tend to do before 6:30 AM.
- What I did, today, an hour later than usual, when the alarm went off.
Therefore, this will be a shorter than usual post.
What else would I like to say about “Wake Up”?
How about this? it’s possible to wake up — in a more engaged, complete, committed, and whole way — to every moment.
It’s time to wake up my phone and see what photos I have for you, this rainy morning.
Well, it looks like I didn’t take any pictures after yesterday’s post, which is quite unusual. Perhaps I was trying to focus on each moment, without my phone.
Here’s my most recent photo, which appeared in yesterday’s post:
That’s NOT a good photo for today’s post, because
- That helps people do the OPPOSITE of wake up and
- I didn’t wear that last night.
Let’s see if I have a recent photo, not previously shown, that would help wake up this post.
Ooops! Look at the time! Gotta run to work.
Thanks to Steve Martin, Lily Tomlin, Carl Reiner, and everybody else involved in the making of All of Me, to The Madrona Tree restaurant in Arlington Massachusetts, to all those everywhere doing their best to wake up now, and to you — of course! — for helping wake up my day.