Several days ago, I wrote a post, called “S-words.” I am surmising, this second, that it might be helpful to write a sequel to that. Shall we start?
That word spontaneously showed up in my mind, when I was shaping the title of this post. I speculated that “Secundo” might be spot-on, even though I wasn’t sure it was really a word. I searched Google and ….
The secondary part of a duet
Like scores of people I see, I struggle with sleep, sometimes, and I’ve spoken about that before. WordPress shows the word “sleep” in seven of my post titles, so far. (Should you wish to survey that series: first, second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, and seventh.)
Here’s some stuff I want to say about sleep:
- On the night before I see somebody I’m excited to see, I usually have trouble sleeping. Specifically, I’m seeing two people, tomorrow, whom I haven’t seen for a s***-load of years. One person I know from school; the second person is somebody I met from the first psychotherapy group I ever attended. So, the fact that I’m seeing these two old friends, both on the same day … is that synchronicity? Or simply coincidence? Whatever we call it, it’s screwing up my sleep.
- I’m going to stop this list, so I can return to slumber-land.
Before I slide black into slumber, however, there are some loose strings I’d like to sew up, from some previous posts. In yesterday’s post, I spoke about losing gloves, and how I was going to search for one of these at work.
Secondly, readers may have noticed my series of attempts to simplify my system for doing footnotes here at WordPress, including my search for a surprisingly elusive solution: superscripts.
I’ve struggled to find The Superscript Solution, for several weeks. Actually, simply ‘splaining what a superscript is has been a struggle, since I haven’t been able to show you one, so far.
Yesterday, WordPress Support sent me an email, with a solution.
Should I attempt it?1
She shoots, she scores!
Thanks to sleepers, insomniacs, and, especially, WordPress Support. And, a special shout out to you, for reading tonight, today, or whenever.
- Some people say that when you can’t sleep, you should spend some time doing something soothing before attempting to go back to sleep. Some people might say that doing something new, like using a superscript for the first time2 in a blog post, might interfere with going back to sleep. What’s been your experience?
- The second time was easier. I also want to let people know that I will share my new wisdom, soon. 3
- Here’s the secret formula: <sup>3</sup> which needs to be inserted on the “text” format page.