When I woke up this morning, I knew I wanted to write a post about ways to reduce stress.
Because I knew that would help me, people!
(Psssst! That’s always my first priority, when I write a post: Helping myself. Not a bad place to start, I think.)
Anyway, I was thinking of possible titles for the post, but not loving any of them.
That post gave me lots of gifts, including the title for this post.
So how can I reduce my spinning — my stress — today?
- Notice what thoughts, behaviors, other people, etc. help me.
- Increase the presence of those.
- Notice what thoughts, behaviors, other people, etc. do not help me.
- Decrease the presence of those.
- Recognize that I may have trouble telling the difference, sometimes, between #1 and #3.-
- Forgive myself for that.
- Repeat Steps 1 – 6.
Voila! A formula for spinning less. Feel free to try that out today, and let me know how it goes (if you choose).
One more thing, before I leave for work, spin-lessly.*
I want to include an image. For that, I shall consult photos I have recently taken.
Here we go!
Another tip about how to spin less: Wait your turn, gracefully.
Thanks to graceful spinners of all kinds and to you — of course! — for reading today.
* A made-up word, meaning “with less spinning.”