I, like others I know, tend to focus more on what I DON’T know, rather than what I DO know.
I am trying to change the balance of those thoughts, this year.
It’s only fair, people!
It’s time for lists of (1) what I know and (2) what I don’t know.
Let’s start with the “negative” first (so I can end with the “positive”).
Here are some things I don’t know:
- How to get more readership for this blog post.
- How to get more people to come to my therapy groups.
- The future.
Hmmmm. That’s an interesting list. Now that I’ve written those three things down, I feel like commenting on them.
Okay, it’s MY blog post, so I can do whatever I want, right now!
Here are my comments on that list:
- I have expressed a wish to do that (get more readers for this blog), throughout this year, but I’ve been ambivalent about doing that, honestly. If I have TOO many readers, maybe I would feel overwhelmed. And maybe this blog isn’t good enough to have a kashmillion readers.
- I have expressed a wish to do that (get more members for my groups), throughout this year, but I’ve been ambivalent about doing that, honestly. If I have TOO many people in my groups, maybe I would feel overwhelmed. And maybe the groups aren’t good enough to have dozens of participants.
- It’s true that I don’t know the future. I wish I could remember THAT more often.
Okay, now it’s time for a list of some things I DO know (this morning):
- I could deal with more readers for this blog. While that seems like I’m predicting the future, I’m basing that on this fact: I’ve been able to deal with much more difficult things, so far in my life.
- I could deal with more participants in my groups. While that seems like I’m predicting the future, I’m basing that on this fact: I’ve been able to deal with much more difficult things, so far in my life.
- It will be very cool, for me and other Red Sox fans, if the Red Sox win this World Series at home, because that is an event that has not happened since 1918 (which is a very long time ago).
Now that I’ve done all those lists, I have another comment on what I’ve written so far.
While I may fear that what I do — here, in the blog-o-sphere and there, in the real-life-o-sphere — isn’t good enough, on some level, I KNOW it IS.
It’s time for me to post a few more things I know, as a set-up a photo I took yesterday.
- It’s getting colder around here.
- People want those they love to keep warm (and safe, in general).
- Some things that are very different from us — out there in the real-life-o-sphere — have feelings much like we do.
It’s time to end this post, so I can have another day where I DO know some things, DON’T know some other things, and — in some cases — know more than I think I know.
Thanks to all of you, for reading today.