First question of this post: What is the Liebster Blog Award?
First answer of this post: It is, apparently, a kind of tag-team award that WordPress bloggers give each other. Last week, frankiedman, a blogger whom I respect and follow here, tagged me for this award.
Here are the “rules of engagement” for the Liebster Blog Award:
- Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
- Answer the questions that the tagger has set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer.
- Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
- Go to their page and tell them.
- No tag backs!
It took me about a week to respond back to frankiedman’s tag, but today’s the day!
I’m glad to participate in this (despite my I’ve-never-done-this-before anxiety). The format appeals to my natural affinity for questions and answers.
I enjoy games that involve questions and answers. As a matter of fact, I will take any opportunity to turn a regular conversation into a game of 20 Questions, by asking the following question at any point:
As in, “Hey, something really unusual happened to me today. Wanna guess?”
When I’m at my best at my job (as a psychotherapist), I’m in touch with my natural curiosity about people.
The last place I worked (before my current job) was a day program where we did groups all day. In the last group of the day — which was called “Wrap Up” — we would end that group with a Wrap Up Question, which everybody — staff and clients — answered.
Here are some of the Wrap Up questions I heard and answered during my 12 years there:
- What’s your favorite ice cream flavor?
- If you were to write the story of your life, what might be the title?
- What’s a nickname you’ve had or one that you would give yourself?
- What was your favorite book, when you were a kid?
- If they made a movie of your life, what actor would you choose to play you?
- What’s your fantasy job?
- Who is your favorite musician?
- Who is somebody you admire?
- What’s your favorite movie?
- What’s a song you’d choose for your “theme song”?
- If you could be any animal for a day, what would you be (and why)?
When I first interviewed for a job at that day program, I liked a lot of what I saw. Attending the Wrap Up meeting sealed the deal for me — I knew I wanted to work there. Why? Because I loved the curiosity and playfulness in that ritual of questions at the end of the day. I appreciated that everybody answered the questions. I liked that anybody could pose the question. I loved the questions. I loved the answers.
So thank you, Frankiedman, for nominating me for this award, and inviting me to participate in a Festival of questions and answers.
For the 11 things to reveal about myself, I’m going to answer those Wrap Up questions I posted above.
- My favorite ice cream flavor is Cinnamon Chocolate Chip.
- The title for a book about my life? Perhaps “I’m Making This Up As I Go,” (a line from “Raiders of the Lost Ark”).
- I never had a nick-name. People have called me “Annie,” every once in a while, but that doesn’t fit for me. I like the idea of the nick-name “Ace.”
- My favorite book when I was a kid was “Charlotte’s Web.”
- I would choose the actress Debra Winger to play me.
- My fantasy job is back-up singer for a musician I love (although my current job is getting close to a fantasy job).
- My favorite musician is Pat Metheny, the jazz guitarist.
- Somebody I admire is my son.
- My favorite movie is the Gene Kelly musical “Singin’ in the Rain.”
- The theme song I’d choose today is “I Can See Clearly Now.”
- If I could be any animal for a day, I would choose to be a duck, because a duck can fly in the air, walk on land, and swim in the water (and it can quack).
I will now answer the 11 questions that Frankiedman asked when he nominated people:
- What’s your favorite food?
- Why did you start blogging?
Because I was working on a book that was a combination of a Memoir and Therapy Ideas, and a friend suggested that I try blogging. And it’s a great fit for the way I like to communicate, with freedom, flexibility, and interactivity.
- Name one thing you would like to do before leaving this earth.
One long-standing one was to go to a Red Sox World Series game, which I did in 2007. I want to travel to several places including Italy, Greece, and Peru (I’m fascinated by ancient ruins).
- Where do you live?
- What time is it?
7:54 AM as I’m writing this line. It’s the Monday after a Daylight Savings time change. I usually feel very cranky and “off” the Monday after a time change, but so far, so good.
- Whats the weirdest thing you have ever eaten?
A recipe I made once with beets and cheese. Never again.
- Whats your favorite childhood movie?
“West Side Story.” (I don’t remember any kids movies I saw, and I remember loving that movie so much when I was a kid.)
- Why did the chicken cross the road?
Because that was exactly where it was supposed to be.
- Are you having fun yet?
- Do you have pets?
I have a cat named Oscar.
- Whats your favorite animal?
Here are 11 bloggers I enjoy reading here, and whom I’m “tagging” to participate in this Liebster Award chain. I’m asking them to answer the same 11 Wrap Up Questions I answered.
http://morristownmemos.wordpress.com/ (she already has received this award, so she requested that I pass it on to a 12th blogger)
Thanks to the bloggers above. And thanks for reading, everybody! And feel free to answer any of these questions (or pose your own).